The Deep And Dark Levels Of The Web

13

deep-web-sites-links

Levels Explained

When you think about the web and browsing you think about using main search engines and websites. This is called the “surface web” and it only makes up 4% of the total web. Google’s, Yahoo’s and Bing’s web crawlers which are the bots that pick up web pages do not reach the other 96%. The lower level of the web is called the “deep web” making up 96%. On the lower part is where the “dark web” resides and it makes up 6%. I am not encouraging you by any means to access these lower levels directly as they are illegal and dangerous. Unless you want the FBI paying you a visit to your home. The whole point is to inform and create an understanding of these deeper levels of the web. Here is a visual representation of how you should think about the web as a whole.

deepwebvisual

The Deep Web

The deep web is much larger than the surface web we see. This part of the web is also referred to as the invisible web or hidden web. To put it into perspective it is about 7.9 zettabytes or 500 times bigger than the surface web. These are the pages that are not indexed by search engines for a good reason. You actually access the deep web when you check your personal Gmail, bank statements or private Facebook messages. But it also contains databases, government documents, private company information and personal files. Anything that is private and confidential resides on the deep web not to be seen by the general public. Within the deep web resides a small but much darker place called the dark web.

silkroad

The Darker Side Of The Deep Web

The dark web is the part of the web that cannot be accessed through a regular search engine or browser. Special permissions, configuration, and a browser are required in order to access it. Most of the users use a proxy to hide their identity due to the high levels of risk and danger. The dark web is where all the illegal activity takes place. It is full of drugs, black markets, selling of personal information, frauds, hitman for hire, hackers, bitcoins, illegal pornography, scams, human trafficking, and terrorism just to name a few. You can find the type of things that you thought only existed in horror movies or your worst nightmares. Many prosecutors and government agencies have called the dark web a “haven for criminal activity”.

Leave a Reply

17 Comments on "The Deep And Dark Levels Of The Web"

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
CoolStoryBro
Rank
Fresh

I’ve seen a few people get arrested for selling drugs on the dark web…shocked to see nerdy people selling drugs online.

Kal-El
Rank
Senior

One time we had to order strippers and a donkey for a bachelor party in Tijuana…lets just say, the dark web made it all possible!

Gerson6868
Rank
VP

Bro I am surprised u needed the dark web for that in Mexico, u can go talk to the guy in the corner of the block and he can hook u up with that and much more

Christiantheman
Rank
Grad

I honestly didn’t know half of this but what I do know is that nothing on the Web is safe. You got to be very careful when surfing the web.you get into that deep Web you’re in big trouble. Don’t mess with this. Read this and don’t forget it because this shit can help or save you.

Neo
Rank
Junior

Pretty crazy shit what people do on the dark web

Demon
Rank
Senior

Why in the hell would you get involved in all that shit

Christiantheman
Rank
Grad

That’s what I am saying! This shit ain’t a joke.

JLannister
Rank
Junior

This is something you dont mess with. You either have the FBI or some people trying to kill you at your house.

JohnWick
Rank
Senior

The deep web is dark and full of terrors.

WilliamWallace
Rank
Junior

It’s like the ocean you dont want to go too deep…

TylerDurden
Rank
Senior

I never knew this. I mean I knew there were hidden sites but not 96% of it.

Vendetta
Rank
Junior

Scary place to be surfing. good post.

Singado69
Rank
Pro

Stay away if you don’t know what your doing.

Gerson6868
Rank
VP

Deep in the dark arts … the true nature of the dark side

Singado69
Rank
Pro

Ill show you the dark side.

Joker
Rank
Boss

Breaking the ice with the first comment. This post makes those who don’t know see the web from a different perspective. It’s not all pink and peachy.

Singado69
Rank
Pro

yea its no joke. Many people dont even know.

wpDiscuz